Abundance Mindset to Attract Wealth, New Opportunities & Success
Introduction: Concept of Money
We need money to fulfil our needs for our livelihood, desires, safety and security and also for pursuing our dreams. Many people say that money can buy everything but actually money cannot buy happiness. There is a famous quote: “Money can’t buy happiness but it’s better to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.” Money helps to have freedom to do what we want and live the way we want.
Heart Chakra: Power house of Abundance
Anahata or the heart chakra resonates with the frequency of abundance. It represents unconditional love, joy and compassion. When you master this chakra, it will become natural to tune into abundance.
All yogis and masters have meditated to open this chakra. It opens only in a detached state. If something causes negative feelings like fear, pain or anger, it means you cannot deal with it. Thus, you feel stuck. We usually go through many situations in life and find it difficult to process those emotions. When this happens, the throat or Vishuddha chakra gets blocked and you feel powerless. Abundance is basically a state of allowing. Heart is like the green traffic signal, while the mind is the red signal that stops you due to ignorance, limitations and fears. The mind creates doubt, separation and feelings of unworthiness.
In spiritual practices you open the heart and dissolve the mind. Eventually, after spiritual sadhana, the mind dissolves and you are left just with the heart where God resides. You have to take that journey from the mind to the heart. It is said that it takes lifetimes to attain that state of consciousness.
What stops you from making and keeping money?
Financial problems are rooted in psychological and behavioral tendencies of humans such as lack of work ethics, discipline, self-confidence, faith, excessive pride and risk taking, overspending, greed, envy, jealousy, pride or lust. Many people struggle to make enough money to meet their financial obligations or stick to a budget. Most find it difficult to hold onto money. If successful money management were as simple as being able to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers, everyone who could perform these basic calculations would be financially secure.
Releasing Fear of Abundance
Relaxation techniques such as meditation and breathing exercises are considered effective. Progressive muscle relaxation is a technique where an individual purposely tenses a muscle group for a few seconds and then releases it. The idea is that the release of the muscles should decrease built up tension. Likewise, yoga is effective too. The combination of physical postures, breathing exercises, and meditation in yoga helps to deal with anxiety disorders and fear. Aerobic exercises too decrease the effects of fear response symptoms.
Difference between Money, Wealth, Prosperity & Abundance
Money is a medium of exchange in the form of coins, bank notes or digital currencies used for goods or services.
Wealth consists of money and material resources. You can have money but you may not be wealthy, because wealth is defined as “the ability to survive for a long period.” For instance, if you have a lot of money, but at the same time you have many debts and expenses, you may not be wealthy.
Prosperity is being wealthy and also being happy, healthy and successful.
Abundance is the true nature of life. Abundance is the cause and prosperity is the result. Thus, we cannot chase prosperity because it is an end product of abundance.
How to tune into Abundance?
For this you have to observe what is the energetic frequency with respect to money. How you earn and spend it and how you feel about it? For instance, think about how you feel about the price of the things you buy or want to buy. Do you feel disappointed, bitter, angry, hurt or self-rejected?
On the other hand, if you feel excited about how you would feel to own those products, going by their price or how envious others would be of you, this attitude takes you away from tuning into abundance. Some people tend to overspend and it results into purchasing things you don’t really need and lead to debts. Whenever you hear about a particular price, you should naturally feel good about it.
Ultimately the purpose of life is self-realization and you need to tune into life. You don’t come to this world to just enjoy and leave it. Life is not so superficial. We have come here to become an expression of the Creator who is expressing itself through different life forms.
Threats to Making Money as per the Chakras
The threat of survival is the biggest fear among humans. This leads to hoarding, compromises, sacrifices and self-sabotage. Due to fear, people stay stuck in survival mode. Due to this, they miss the true purpose of human existence which is self-realization. This is actually a fear of the Root or Muladhara chakra.
Another threat to making money is equating it to happiness and fulfilment. When money is associated with joy and fulfillment, there is a tendency to become trapped in addictions and illusions. They start to engage in wrong activities because they don’t realize true happiness is the joy of being connected to yourself. In this case, we need to open our Swadhisthana chakra.
The third threat is when individuals become entangled due to responsibilities and dependencies. This is a blockage of Manipura chakra.
Another threat is lack of faith and trust in the Universe. This is a blockage of Anahata chakra.
Comparing yourself with others takes us away from embodying our own uniqueness. This is a fear of Vishuddha chakra.
Rigidity and too many illusions and misperceptions, failing to view life from a 360 degrees perspective blocks the third eye or Ajna chakra.
A blocked Crown or Sahasrara chakra leads to discontentment and feeling alienated. This obstructs the right opportunities to create abundance.
Materialism Vs Spirituality
People drawn to materialistic expansion are often seen as less spiritual. However, this is far from the truth. Materialistic pleasures and spirituality are interdependent. Without materialism, spirituality cannot be discovered, and without spirituality, materialistic pleasures have no purpose.
As Lord Krishna said, we should appreciate the beauty of everything. Spiritual growth is the ability to overpower the emotions caused by impermanence. You should have the wisdom to appreciate and enjoy materialistic pleasures without getting attached to them. The moment money ceases to affect you, you align with your natural being. Goddess Lakshmi is the embodiment of wealth and she rules over the Hrit Padma chakra.
Goddess of Wealth: Lakshmi Maa and the 4 Purusharthas
She is often portrayed with four hands, which represent the four goals of life; Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha. Lakshmi is always shown seated on a lotus which signifies the chakras. She signifies fertility, abundance, purity, wealth, riches, generosity and prosperity.
According to Vishnu Purana, the universe was created when the Devas and the Asuras churned the cosmic Kshira Sagara and Goddess Lakshmi emerged from the ocean. The name Lakshmi comes from the Sanskrit word ‘Lakshya’, which means “goal.”
Hrit Padma Chakra
Beyond Anahata chakra, the Thymus chakra (higher heart) signifies the supreme qualities of being one with the Universe. It teaches us lessons of love, forgiveness and compassion.
A healthy higher heart Chakra leads to having an excellent immune system. On the other hand, an unhealthy higher heart chakra signifies a misalignment with the Oneness of the Universe. Anahata, Thymus and Hrit Padma are closely inter-related. Hrit Padma chakra represents everlasting joy, abundance and happiness. It is the only chakra that connects to all other Chakras.
How to Tune to Abundance Mindset By Balancing Chakras ?
The root chakra is about stability, support and security. It gets blocked, if you believe in scarcity, obstacles, delays, struggles and lack of support. It creates fear of spending money as well as lust for receiving money. Instead, you need to see how each situation you faced supported you to become who you are today. For instance, if you have a lack mindset, it resulted in hard work. It is your birthright to be supported by the Universe. It is impossible to allow abundance when you feel panicky, nervous, desperate, anxious, or worried about money.
Affirmations to release negative beliefs of the Muladhara Chakra
- I can only live on what I earn
- I am not supported enough
- I need to struggle for money
- I can only make money if I work hard for it
- I don’t receive money on time
- I have to be careful with my money
- I am fat or ugly
- I am not supposed to be here
- My family is not good enough
- My family has never been rich
- I fear instability all the time
- I struggle with debts
- I fear struggles
- Life is hard
- I fear work
Swadhisthana Chakra governs your unique identity, talent and traits. It gets blocked due to situations you face due to disharmony in relationships or personal, professional or social failures. You must observe how each situation awakens you and master the art of releasing negativity.
Heal Your Relationship with Money: You may have resentment, anger, and frustration built up around the subject of money and you feel awful every time you think about it. If you have a love-hate relationship with money, remember that money is energy, and how you feel about it matters.
Affirmations to release negative beliefs of Swadhisthana Chakra
- I have to prove myself to others all the time
- I feel like my reputation is damaged
- I feel like my needs are rarely met
- I feel unsafe in the world
- I feel I am not cherished
- I don’t deserve a better life
- I don’t deserve joy
- I have low self-esteem
- Relationships are painful
- I fear being rejected
- I fear loneliness
- I feel unappreciated
- I feel disrespected
- My personal identity is blurry
- I am stuck in poor relationship patterns
- I don’t feel connected with others
- Nobody is there for me
- I am never good enough
- I don’t know who I really am
- I often feel guilty
Manipura Chakra is associated with power. In this world, power is synonymous with money and influence in relationships and social status. It governs your opinions and knowledge that keeps on expanding as you become more aware of yourself.
It gets blocked when you are not independent. Either you feel dependent on your company, family or friends for money, love or service, or you feel responsible for them. Due to this, you are not free to be yourself and use your power. You feel victimized and powerless due to dependency or become arrogant. This diverts your focus from growth towards people and stops you from growing in your professional, social and personal life.
Consider all unions to be partnerships, and hold people accountable for their actions. Delegate as much as possible, so that you can focus on new challenges, learn, and grow your power.
Take risks in life. Release codependency on anyone or anything and earn money through multiple sources. It is recommended to take decisions based on what feels right for you.
Affirmations to release negative beliefs of Manipura Chakra
- I cannot progress in life
- I am dependent on others
- My physical energy is low
- The external world overpowers me
- I can’t take care of myself without money
- I fear others’ opinions about my financial status
- I am constantly concerned about not having enough money
- I cannot take social risks involving my reputation
- To achieve success, you need to be manipulative
- If I become rich, I shall lose my friends and family
- If I am successful, my friends will leave me
- If I have money, I will attract wrong people
- People will overwhelm me if I have money
- I am not rewarded for my efforts
The heart chakra is about connecting with people. It gets blocked by feelings of mistrust, suspicion and selfishness.
You must identify and release limiting fears and give yourself the permission to have what you truly desire.
Affirmations to release negative beliefs of Anahata Chakra
- I cannot trust anybody
- My expectations are not met
- I am not rewarded for my efforts
- I often feel broken-hearted
- I cannot manifest what I wish
- I feel disappointed with love
- I feel rejected in love
- It is hard to accept myself
- It is hard to trust others’ intentions
- I crave for affection and abundance
- Money attracts fake relationships
- I feel disconnected from my feelings
- I feel miserable and alone
- I never get what I want
- I have a lack of desire
- I have given up
- It is hard to forgive
- I cannot let go
- Love hurts
- Money hurts
The throat chakra gets blocked by comparison, frustration and helplessness because of lack of growth. It restricts from speaking your truth and being your authentic self.
Affirmations to release negative beliefs of Vishuddha Chakra
- I am stuck
- I cannot change
- People don’t allow me to grow
- I am in conflict with others
- I feel unheard by others
- I fear to speak out my truth
- I fear speaking honestly
- I let others speak for me
- I hate debates about money
- It is difficult for me speak about money
- I am unable to swallow my reality
- I feel like holding back my energy
- I cannot release my full potential
- I don’t know what direction to take
- I am unable to make money-related decisions
- I think abundance cannot be retained
- I find it difficult to control my possessions
- My words are misunderstood by others
- I feel like it is pointless to speak
- It is difficult to assimilate abundance
- I fear changes in my life, if I have more money
- Allowing money in is hard for me
- I feel ashamed about money
- Money restricts my freedom
It relates to your intuition and perception. However, it gets blocked due to the illusions.
Affiramtions to release negative beliefs of Ajna Chakra
- I fear to accept reality
- I fear to accept everything I see
- I cannot trust my intuition
- I feel misfit in all situations
- I don’t see new opportunities
- I don’t see myself being wealthy
- Nobody is able to command money
- My imagination is unproductive
- I see poverty everywhere I look
- Abundance occurs only by chance
- Fancy ideas yield no material benefits
- I have never seen happy and wealthy people
- I feel confused about my choices
- I am confused about my life
- I feel stressed most of the time
- I fear making the wrong choice
- I fear being labeled as poor
- I lack clarity of vision
The Crown chakra is the connection with your higher self. It gets blocked due to old beliefs and negative thought patterns.
The more you express gratitude, the more you will receive. So, thank the Universe for all the blessings you have received and will continue to receive.
It is important to transform your mindset from scarcity to abundance. Look at everything in your life that you are proud of right now. It could be your education, appearance, family and talents.
Remember we are all ONE and hence abundance is available to all living beings.
Affirmations to release negative beliefs of Sahasrara Chakra
- I feel discontent with life
- I am unlucky with money
- I hate financial transactions
- I feel lost about fiscal debts
- I am unable to attract abundance
- I am poor
- I feel ungrateful for what I have
- There is nothing to feel grateful for Money doesn’t grow on trees
- Rich people are evil
- Money is not spiritual
- Wealth separates you from God
- It is greedy to ask for more money
- It is better to give money than receiving it
- I need to feel liberated from possessions
- God gave me limited resources
- I do not have faith in God
- I feel unprotected
- God has abandoned me
- I live in spiritual confusion
- I refuse to connect with my inner self
- I am cut-off from inner guidance
- I feel hopeless
Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into. However, we feel incapacitated and anxious about the future due to the widespread belief that there is never enough for everyone. This results in anxiety, financial difficulties, fatigue, illness, and dissatisfaction. Our belief in scarcity prevents us from being happy and joyous.
As the source of creation resides within, everything we require to manifest also resides within us. Therefore, release all fears and negative beliefs and let money flow naturally. There is no need to be fearful or lustful since it prevents the flow of abundance. It is recommended to detach and avoid being influenced by money or holding onto identities, definitions and status associated with it.