Self-esteem is the most important thing one needs to have to be able to live a meaningful life. Self-esteem means that you have confidence in your own worth and abilities. It means that you value and cherish your unique identity.
Ways to know that you have lost your self-esteem:
You may feel that you are confident about yourself. But there are ways to test whether you have lost your self-esteem and these are the following:
• You crave for appreciation and often feel that you are not appreciated by others.
• People often take advantage of you.
• You do not get the rewards of your hard labour.
• You are not able to succeed even though you are capable.
• You give more importance to others and often end up compromising and sacrificing.
• You have negative thoughts of guilt and people put you down by criticizing you.
Swadhistana Chakra is the seat of our identity and hence self-esteem. When our Swadhisthana Chakra is imbalanced, we face issues with our self-esteem. This Chakra is located between the navel and the base of the spine, and when balanced brings completeness in our lives.
Self-doubt leads to imbalance of Swadhisthana Chakra.
Self-doubt comes as a negativity you feel for yourself if you are not able to achieve your goals in relationships, in career or education. When you are not able to live up to your own expectations, you start doubting yourself. You stop loving yourself. Swadhisthana Chakra is the seat of your soul and it gets imbalanced by lack of self-love. When you do not love your own self, you seek validation and appreciation from outside. You start compromising for the sake of others, and take care of interests of others at your own expense. This is because you want them to start loving you, appreciating you, make you feel worthy, protect you and give you comfort. This is against the laws of Life and you attract people who take only advantage of you, in spite of your sacrificing for them.
Lessons to be learnt
• You have to know that your soul is part of the Universal Divine. If there are situations which you have not been able to handle well, it could be because your body was inefficient or your mind was not capable to handle it at that time. But you can never blame your soul. You are Divine.
• Surrender your fears and know that you are loved and nurtured by the Universal Consciousness.
• Know that you have come on this planet with a Life purpose and that you are born with a unique identity with your own unique talents, so that you live your life purpose.
• You are the most important person in this world for yourself. You were born alone and you will die alone. World is like a mirror; how you treat yourself, is how the world will treat you.
When you accept yourself unconditionally, love for your own self will spring forth. This will form the basis of your self-esteem. When you are settled in your being, true creativity blooms. With this blooming you make joyful unions and relationships with people who guide you towards your Life purpose.
Watch this video to learn how to Build your Self-esteem: Complete Lessons of Swadhisthana Chakra – Part 1: